Thank you for your service to your club, your community, and to the world through your work as a Civitan treasurer. You are needed, you are valued, and you are important. Your community is made better because of Civitans like you. The world is made better because of Civitans like you. Civitan is made better because of leaders like you.
2022-2023 OFFICER & CLUB CERTIFICATION WINDOW:
SEPTEMBER 1 – NOVEMBER 30, 2022
WHAT TO EXPECT IN CIVITAN UNIVERSITY
- The treasurer training video is approximately 30 minutes in length.
- You may start and stop the video at any point.
- You may leave the system and return at any point.
- You do not have to complete the video and certification quiz on the same day.
- Civitan University is operated through an online learning management system called “Blue Sky”. Emails you recieve after registering for Civitan University will come from Blue Sky.
- If you participated in Civitan University last year, you may sign back in to the system using the same account information.
NOTES FOR DUAL OFFICERS
- If you are serving your club as a secretary/treasurer, you must complete BOTH the secretary training course and treasurer training course for your club to be certified.
LIVE ZOOM CLUB TREASURERS GATHERING
You asked, and we answered! Civitan University was a hit last year as far as training content and convenience of on-demand, but many of you expressed missing the fellowship of live Zoom calls to connect with fellow officers from around North America. So this year, you will have that chance! These calls DO NOT stand in the place of completing Civitan University. They are an optional add-on.
Gather with fellow club presidents to fellowship, ask questions, brainstorm, and share best practices, at the end of each month in the training period. Feel free to join one or more calls. Zoom links will be emailed to those officers who have completed training prior to each call.
- Friday, September 30th, 4:00pm central
- Thursday, October 27th, 4:00pm central
- Wednesday, November 30th, 4:00pm central
QUESTIONS OR SUPPORT
Mary Frances Forbus
Senior Director of Member Relations & Strategy
*All Civitan club presidents, presidents-elect, secretaries & treasurers, whether new or returning, are required to complete an officer training every year, per International Policy 0304: Civitan Club in Good Standing. A Civitan club which is not in good standing loses its International Elections voting delegates and rights, as well as Honor Club eligibility.
*Password provided during training
Club Officer Roles 101
Civitans At The Helm
How-To: Be an Effective Board Member
How-To: Pay Dues Online
International Headquarters Staff Contact Quick Guide
International Policy Manual
Membership Value Flyer
Protecting Vulnerable Communities Guidebook