Thank you for your service to your club, your community, and to the world through your work as a Civitan club president-elect. You are needed, you are valued, and you are important. Your community is made better because of Civitans like you. The world is made better because of Civitans like you. Civitan is made better because of leaders like you.
2022-2023 OFFICER & CLUB CERTIFICATION WINDOW:
SEPTEMBER 1 – NOVEMBER 30, 2022
WHAT TO EXPECT IN CIVITAN UNIVERSITY
- The president-elect training video is approximately 30 minutes in length.
- You may start and stop the video at any point.
- You may leave the system and return at any point.
- You do not have to complete the video and certification quiz on the same day.
- Civitan University is operated through an online learning management system called “Blue Sky”. Emails you recieve after registering for Civitan University will come from Blue Sky.
- If you participated in Civitan University last year, you may sign back in to the system using the same account information.
NOTES FOR DUAL OFFICERS
- If you are serving as both president AND president-elect for your club for 2021-2022, you are NOT required to complete both training courses for the club to be certified.
- You are required to complete at least the club president training course.
- You are not required to also complete the president-elect course, but you may do so if you wish.
- If you are serving in both roles, ensure your Club Officer Report reflects this, so your club may be certified. A club cannot be certified with a vacancy in the president-elect role.
LIVE ZOOM CLUB PRESIDENTS-ELECT GATHERING
You asked, and we answered! Civitan University was a hit last year as far as training content and convenience of on-demand, but many of you expressed missing the fellowship of live Zoom calls to connect with fellow officers from around North America. So this year, you will have that chance! These calls DO NOT stand in the place of completing Civitan University. They are an optional add-on.
Gather with fellow club presidents to fellowship, ask questions, brainstorm, and share best practices, at the end of each month in the training period. Feel free to join one or more calls. Zoom links will be emailed to those officers who have completed training prior to each call.
- Friday, September 30th, 4:00pm central
- Thursday, October 27th, 4:00pm central
- Wednesday, November 30th, 4:00pm central
QUESTIONS OR SUPPORT
Mary Frances Forbus
Senior Director of Member Relations & Strategy
*All Civitan Club presidents, presidents-elect, secretaries & treasurers, whether new or returning, are required to complete an officer training every year, per International Policy 0304: Civitan Club in Good Standing. A Civitan Club which is not in good standing loses its International Elections voting delegates and rights, as well as Honor Club eligibility.
RESOURCES & TOOLS
*password provided during training
CLUB PRESIDENT-ELECT MANUAL
100 Ways to Promote Civitan
10 Tips for Engaging & Exciting Your Club Members
2022 CIRC Annual Video
CIRC Brochures (Supply House)
Civitan Club & Member Anniversary Lists
Civitan Club Promotions Content Chart
Civitan Impact Areas
Civitan International Vimeo Channel
Club Evaluation Worksheet
Club Officer Roles 101
Club Project Toolkits
Club Service Log & Tracker – Word
Club Service Log & Tracker – Excel
Customizable Club Promotional Brochure
Engaging in Disability Awareness Days Toolkit
How-To: Be an Effective Board Member
How-To: Collaborate Using Technology
How-To: Pre-Schedule a Facebook Post
How-To: Use Google Docs
How-To: Use Sign Up Genius
International Awards Program
International Headquarters Staff Contact Quick Guide
International Policy Manual**
International Recognition Program
Member Recruitment Plan Template
Member Retention Plan Template
Membership Value Flyer
People First Language 101
People First Language Video
Protecting Vulnerable Communities Guidebook
Robert’s Rules Quick Overview Video
Sample Club Bylaws
The Civitan Playbook
The Three E’s of Member Retention
The “Who, What, When, Where” of Creating Promotional Materials
Tried & True vs. New Recruiting
Using Canva for Graphic Design 101
**To receive password email email@example.com