Thank you for your service to your club, your community, and to the world through your work as a Civitan treasurer. You are needed, you are valued, and you are important. Your community is made better because of Civitans like you. The world is made better because of Civitans like you.
Civitan is made better because of leaders like you.
2021-2022 TREASURER TRAINING GUIDELINES & INFORMATION
- The certification window will be open from September 17th until November 30th, 2021.
- You must complete the training video and certification quiz by November 30th to be certified.*
- Treasurer Training Cost: $0.00
- All training will be carried out via on-demand video, no pre-registration or scheduling required
- There will be no Zoom or in-person trainings for 2021-2022.
INSTRUCTIONS TO BE CERTIFIED*
- Access the Civitan University platform using the button below.
- If you are a new user, create an account. If you are a returning user, sign in to your account.
- View the treasurer training video.
- Complete the certification quiz, passing with 75% or greater by November 30.
- Give us your feedback! Complete a short satisfaction survey.
- Download your customized certified treasurer certificate.
- Have a great year in Civitan leadership!
WHAT TO EXPECT IN CIVITAN UNIVERSITY
- The treasurer training video is approximately 30 minutes in length.
- You may start and stop the video at any point.
- You may leave the system and return at any point.
- You do not have to complete the video and certification quiz on the same day.
- Civitan University is operated through an online learning management system called “Blue Sky”. Emails you recieve after registering for Civitan University will come from Blue Sky.
NOTES FOR DUAL OFFICERS
- If you are serving your club as a secretary/treasurer, you must complete BOTH the secretary training course and treasurer training course for your club to be certified.
QUESTIONS OR SUPPORT
Mary Frances Colley
Senior Director of Member Relations & Strategy
*All Civitan club presidents, presidents-elect, secretaries & treasurers, whether new or returning, are required to complete an officer training every year, per International Policy 0304: Civitan Club in Good Standing. A Civitan club which is not in good standing loses its International Elections voting delegates and rights, as well as Honor Club eligibility.
RESOURCES & TOOLS – CANADA
Training Video (Canada)*
Training Presentation Slides (Canada)*
Treasurer’s Manual (Canada)
The T2 Short Return
Schedule 8 Capital Cost Allowance
*These are password protected until you complete the course in Civitan University. The password is revealed during the course.
2021-2022 International Calendar
Club Officer Roles 101
How-To: Be an Effective Board Member
How-To: Pay Dues Online
International Headquarters Staff Contact Quick Guide
International Policy Manual (password protected)*
Protecting Vulnerable Communities Guidebook