Welcome to the hub for Civitan Club Officers!
Use the buttons below to find all the tools and resources you need to be a successful club officer for the 2023-2024 year, including:
- Club Officer Training Videos & Slide Decks
- Club Officer Manuals and Guides
- Role-Specific Resources
2023-2024 Civitan Club Officer Training and Certification
Rules and regulations for 2023-2024 Club Officer Training and Certification: Published July 2023, effective through November 30th, 2023.
1) For a club to be certified for the 2023-2024 year, a Club Officer Report Form must have been submitted to International Headquarters by September 30th, 2023 AND the Club President, President-Elect, Secretary and Treasurer must have completed training through Civitan University by November 30th, 2023.
2) All Club Presidents, Presidents-Elect, Secretaries & Treasurers, whether new or returning, are required to complete an officer training every year, per International Policy 0304: Civitan Club in Good Standing.
3) You will be guided to create an account in the Civitan University online training platform. If you participated in training last year, you may log back in using the same username and password. Once you are a registered user, you may sign in and sign out, returning to the training at any time. You do not have to complete each piece of the training in one sitting.
4) The person who participates in club officer training MUST match the person who was reported by the club in that specific position for the club to be certified. IHQ CANNOT assume changes have been made to club officers reported purely based on Civitan University participation. If any changes have been made since the officer report form was submitted, use the mid-year officer change form to report that.
The certification window for 2023-2024 Civitan Club Officer Training is September 18th – November 30th, 2023.
Please pay careful attention to the instructions and details included on your respective officer training page (linked below). There are step-by-step instructions on how to access and use the Civitan University platform, as well as a “what to expect” section, and instructions for anyone who may be serving in dual roles.
Use the buttons below to access the training site and resources and tools specific to your role in Civitan leadership!
Civitan Club Governance & Compliance
Click here for the information you need to make sure your club stays in compliance with Civitan International and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
Club Liability Insurance
Civitan International provides liability insurance for clubs and members annually. Click here for more information on what it covers, and when you might need to request additional coverage for certain types of club events.
Civitan International takes protecting our members and their personal information seriously. In 2021, an International Policy was developed to do just that, and clubs and their officers should be familiar with its stipulations. Click here to read the full policy.
Protecting Vulnerable Communities
Civitan International is committed to serving vulnerable communities well and provides a guide for members to follow. Click here for more information.