Thank you for your service to your club, your community, and to the world through your work as a Civitan secretary. You are needed, you are valued, and you are important. Your community is made better because of Civitans like you. The world is made better because of Civitans like you.
Civitan is made better because of leaders like you.
2021-2022 SECRETARY TRAINING GUIDELINES & INFORMATION
- The certification window will be open from September 17th until November 30th, 2021.
- You must complete the training video and certification quiz by November 30th to be certified.*
- Secretary Training Cost: $0.00
- All training will be carried out via on-demand video, no pre-registration or scheduling required
- There will be no Zoom or in-person trainings for 2021-2022.
INSTRUCTIONS TO BE CERTIFIED*
- Access the Civitan University program using the button below.
- If you are a new user, create an account. If you are a returning user, sign in to your account.
- View the secretary training video.
- Complete the certification quiz and pass with 75% or greater by November 30.
- Give us your feedback! Complete a short satisfaction survey.
- Download your customized certified secretary certificate.
- Have a great year in Civitan leadership!
WHAT TO EXPECT IN CIVITAN UNIVERSITY
- The secretary training video is approximately 30 minutes in length.
- You may start and stop the video at any point.
- You may leave the system and return at any point.
- You do not have to complete the video and certification quiz on the same day.
- Civitan University is operated through an online learning management system called “Blue Sky”. Emails you recieve after registering for Civitan University will come from Blue Sky.
NOTES FOR DUAL OFFICERS
- If you are serving as both secretary and treasurer for your club, you are required to complete both the treasurer’s training course and secretary’s training course for your club to be certified.
- If you are serving in both roles, ensure your Club Officer Report reflects this, so your club may be certified.
QUESTIONS OR SUPPORT
Mary Frances Colley
Senior Director of Member Relations & Strategy
*All Civitan Club presidents, presidents-elect, secretaries & treasurers, whether new or returning, are required to complete an officer training every year, per International Policy 0304: Civitan Club in Good Standing. A Civitan Club which is not in good standing loses its International Elections voting delegates and rights, as well as Honor Club eligibility.
RESOURCES & TOOLS
SECRETARY’S CHECKLIST & GUIDE
2021-2022 International Calendar
Civitan Club & Member Anniversary Lists
Club Officer Roles 101
Club Service Log & Tracker – Word
Club Service Log & Tracker – Excel
How to be an Effective Board Member
How-To: Collaborate Using Technology
How-To: Use Google Docs
How-To: Use Sign Up Genius
International Headquarters Staff Contact Quick Guide
International Policy Manual**
International Recognition Program
Liability Insurance FAQ
Minutes Taking Note Sheet
Protecting Vulnerable Communities Guidebook
Robert’s Rules Quick Overview Video
Sample Club Bylaws
**To receive Policy Manual password, email firstname.lastname@example.org