Thank you for your service to your club, your community, and to the world through your work as a Civitan club president. You are needed, you are valued, and you are important. Your community is made better because of Civitans like you. The world is made better because of Civitans like you.
Civitan is made better because of leaders like you.
2021-2022 CLUB PRESIDENT TRAINING GUIDELINES & INFORMATION
- The certification window will be open from September 17th until November 30th, 2021.
- You must complete the training video and certification quiz by November 30th to be certified.*
- President Training Cost: $25.00
(entitles you to certified president lapel pin + flash drive of president’s training resources)
- All training will be carried out via on-demand video, no pre-registration or scheduling required
- There will be no Zoom or in-person trainings for 2021-2022.
INSTRUCTIONS TO BE CERTIFIED*
- Access the Civitan University platform using the button below.
- If you are a new user, create an account. If you are a returning user, sign in.
- View the club president’s training video.
- Complete the associated certification quiz, passing with 75% or greater by November 30.
- Give us your feedback! Complete a short satisfaction survey.
- Download your customized certified club president certificate.
- Have a great year in Civitan leadership!
WHAT TO EXPECT IN CIVITAN UNIVERSITY
- The president’s training video is approximately 50 minutes in length.
- You may start and stop the video at any point.
- You may leave the system and return at any point.
- You do not have to complete the video and certification quiz on the same day.
- Civitan University is operated through an online learning management system called “Blue Sky”. Emails you recieve after registering for Civitan University will come from Blue Sky.
NOTES FOR DUAL OFFICERS
- If you are serving as both president and president-elect for your club, you are NOT required to complete both training courses for the club to be certified.
- You are required to complete at least the club president training course.
- You are not required to also complete the president-elect course, but you may do so if you wish.
- If you are serving in both roles, ensure your Club Officer Report reflects this, so your club may be certified. A club cannot be certified with a vacancy in the president-elect role.
QUESTIONS OR SUPPORT
Mary Frances Colley
Senior Director of Member Relations & Strategy
*All Civitan Club presidents, presidents-elect, secretaries & treasurers, whether new or returning, are required to complete an officer training every year, per International Policy 0304: Civitan Club in Good Standing. A Civitan Club which is not in good standing loses its International Elections voting delegates and rights, as well as Honor Club eligibility.
RESOURCES & TOOLS
CLUB PRESIDENT MANUAL
2021 CIRC Annual Video
CIRC Brochures (Supply House)
Club Project Toolkits
Club Service Log & Tracker – Word
Club Service Log & Tracker – Excel
Disability Awareness Days Calendar
People First Language 101
People First Language Video
2021-2022 International Calendar
Club President Planning Calendar (also in manual)
Club Officer Roles 101
International Policy Manual**
Liability Insurance FAQ
Protecting Vulnerable Communities Guidebook
Robert’s Rules Quick Overview Video
Sample Club Bylaws
**To receive password email email@example.com
10 Tips for Engaging & Exciting Your Club Members
Civitan Club & Member Anniversary Lists
International Awards Program
International Recognition Program
Member Recruitment Plan Template
Member Retention Plan Template
The Three E’s of Member Retention
Tried & True vs. New Recruiting
100 Ways to Promote Civitan
Civitan Awareness Month Toolkit
Civitan Branding Kit
Civitan Club Promotions Content Chart
Creating Your Club’s Digital Footprint Toolkit
Engaging in Disability Awareness Days Toolkit
How-To: Pre-Schedule a Facebook Post
Civitan Impact Areas
The “Who, What, When, Where” of Creating Promotional Materials
The Civitan Playbook
Using Canva for Graphic Design 101
Civitan International Vimeo Channel
Club Evaluation Worksheet
How-To: Collaborate Using Technology
How-To: Use Google Docs
How-To: Use Sign Up Genius
International Headquarters Staff Contact Quick Guide