Thank you for visiting the Civitan International Voting Delegate Assignment webpage. Please make sure you review the following information carefully before you complete the form with the delegate information for your club. We are excited to usher in technology to our election process and hope it will enhance your experience as a member. After reviewing this information, if you have any questions related to the election, please contact email@example.com.
The virtual participation experience will include online admittance into the First Business Session, the Elections Business Session and Membership Extravaganza. It also includes the opportunity to vote in International Elections and governance documents proposals, if applicable. This means more Civitans than ever before will have the chance to participate in voting and elections, making their voice heard in shaping the future of our organization.
Civitan International will be utilizing elections software to help with the online voting process. To expedite the process and to properly get ready for the vote, Civitan International needs club presidents to designate their club’s voting delegates in advance. You have until May 31st to do so, but we ask that you do it as soon as possible to ensure a successful and fair election.
Before you make that designation, here is some important information you need to know:
- Any voting delegate participating from home will need to have access to internet and e-mail in order to participate.
- Voting delegates are determined by the membership size of your club. This is the breakdown:
- One – 14 members = 1 voting delegate
- 15-19 members = 2 voting delegates
- 20-29 members = 3 voting delegates
- 30-39 members = 5 voting delegates
- 40-49 members = 6 voting delegates
- 50-59 members = 7 voting delegates
- 60-69 members = 8 voting delegates
- 70-79 members = 9 voting delegates
- 80 or more members = 10 voting delegates
- Civitan International will be sending you an official, customized statement sharing whether your club is in good-standing and how many delegates the club receives per membership counts as of April 30th.
- A club in good standing in the United States and Canada has to meet the following requirements, as outlined in International Policy 0304:
- Has paid all international dues and fees
- Has their president, president-elect, secretary and treasurer trained
- Has an approved governance document on file with Civitan International (bylaws, constitution, or articles)
- Compliance with IRS or any other governmental agency requiring annual financial filings
- MAY 31, 2021: Deadline for Club Presidents and District Governors to designate delegates using the correct form below.
- JUNE 15, 2021: Deadline for all voting delegates to register for convention – whether in-person or virtually.
- JULY 29, 2021: Voting Day – all delegates MUST be available to vote, either from their homes online, or in-person at Convention.
- Alternate voting delegates will not be allowed – meaning if your chosen voting delegate(s) doesn’t vote, there are no “makeups.”
- You will need an electronic copy of a Governance Document for your Club or District to complete the designation form.