All Civitan Clubs are automatically covered under a liability insurance plan.
Each club is insured when named in a covered lawsuit for acts committed by members working for the Civitan Club and under its direction. Officers and members are insured when named in a covered lawsuit as a result of Civitan Club activities when they are acting on behalf of the Civitan Club.
This comprehensive policy provides coverage for lawsuits resulting from bodily injury and property damage at Civitan Club-sponsored activities. This includes, but is not limited to: concession stands, dances, banquets, parties, auctions, raffles, picnics and meetings, to name a few. Coverage also applies to official Civitan Club participation, such as participation in a community event.
What Kind of Suits Are Covered?
- Suits for covered bodily injury or property damage which occurs on the premises of or as a result of Club or Chapter activities.
- Suits for personal injury and advertising injury, including libel, slander, defamation of character, false arrest, invasion of privacy, detention and malicious prosecution.
- Suits for liability resulting from the sale of foods and beverages or other products.
- Suits for host liquor liability when serving or giving alcoholic beverages at functions incidental to your Chapter or Club provided that no permit or license is required prior to serving alcohol. Chapters should check with individual states regarding liquor law regulations.
- Suits for real or alleged faults in work completed by or for your Civitan Club, which result in bodily injury or property damage.
- Suits involving the use of automobiles not owned by the Civitan Club but used for official Civitan activities.
- Suits arising from injury caused by the rendering or failure to render health care services by nonprofessionals.
- Suits arising from fire damage to premises not owned by a Chapter or Club but used for Chapter or Club sponsored activities.
- Defense against such suits even though the charges made are groundless, false or fraudulent.
The plan is administered by:
Marsh Affinity Group Services
PO Box 14521
Des Moines, IA 50306-0381
If you have questions about the plan, contact Keith Sheffield at 1-800-CIVITAN, extension 105, or via email at email@example.com.