General Liability Insurance for Civitan Clubs and Members
Revised May 2018
All Civitan Clubs are automatically covered under a liability insurance plan.
Each club is insured when named in a covered lawsuit for acts committed by members working for the Civitan Club and under its direction. Officers and members are insured when named in a covered lawsuit as a result of Civitan Club activities when they are acting on behalf of the Civitan Club.
This comprehensive policy provides coverage for lawsuits resulting from bodily injury and property damage at Civitan Club-sponsored activities. This includes, but is not limited to: concession stands, dances, banquets, parties, auctions, raffles, picnics and meetings, to name a few. Coverage also applies to official Civitan Club participation, such as participation in a community event.
What Kind of Suits Are Covered?
- Suits for covered bodily injury or property damage which occurs on the premises of or as a result of Club or Chapter activities
- Suits for personal injury and advertising injury, including libel, slander, defamation of character, false arrest, invasion of privacy, detention and malicious prosecution.
- Suits for liability resulting from the sale of foods and beverages or other products.
- Suits for host liquor liability when serving or giving alcoholic beverages at functions incidental to your Chapter or Club provided that no permit or license is required prior to serving alcohol. Chapters should check with individual states regarding liquor law regulations.
- Suits for real or alleged faults in work completed by or for your Civitan Club, which result in bodily injury or property damage.
- Suits arising from fire damage to premises not owned by a Chapter or Club but used for Chapter or Club sponsored activities.
- Defense against such suits even though the charges made are groundless, false or fraudulent.
Coverage depends upon the actual facts of each case and the terms, conditions, and exclusions of the policy. For a complete description of the scope and limitations of coverage, you may request a copy of the policy from Civitan International headquarters.
The plan is administered by:
Mercer Consumer, a service of
Mercer Health & Benefits Administration, LLC